Saturday, December 16, 2006

內向与外向 / Introvert & Extrovert

In the North America work environment, it appears that the extroverts are in a slightly advantageous position than their introvert colleagues. I am basically an introvert, who enjoy the quiet nights, running alone in the wee hours of the morning, and skiing in the woods under the moonlight in the winter, when the snow is falling. But for work reasons, I spent a lot of efforts converting and refining my introvert personality to that of an extrovert. I now can comfortably go up to the stage to chair a meeting, analyze and articulate policies, address hundreds of guests, or shoot the breeze with total strangers. But deep inside, after taking off my work outfit, I am still the same voyageur, who enjoy the still of the night, jogging and skiing under the silvery moonlight.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails