Sunday, July 13, 2008

生老病死, 生離死别 / Human Existence and Experience

(Words of encouragement to a blog friend)

This morning on the radio, I heard a good line from a punk rocker who, oddly enough, also believes in Buddhism. He said: Buddhism is not about suffering. It is more about our expectations not being fulfilled in life. His idea is to seek happiness from ordinary things, such as looking at the moon or the blue sky - no expectations there, we are all part of nature :)

Sometimes we need to put things in perspective. We are not the first in the human race to go through 生老病死, 生離死别, nor will we be the last one. It is all part of the human existence and experience, for thousand of years.

10 comments:

Hyacinthus said...

thanks for the piece sharing.
to me life is sort of cycle, it comes if it is. no worry and never worry at all =)

San Wen Ji said...

:)

新鮮人 said...

生老病死是自然而然,
只是很少人能夠悟道,
我們都只是凡人一名!

啤酒花™_J said...

微豆 Haricot,
thanks. :P haha. moping my last session! finger crossed!

新鮮人,
对呀!。。。所以,我不懂!悟性不好!

Wo_木土人_od said...

Thanks for sharing this.
I keep learning on appreciating the surroundings, especially the nature! It's a fulfilled feeling.

Haricot 微豆 said...

Hyacinthus: Hey, I like your "no worry" attitude (reminds me of The Lion King story) !!

Haricot 微豆 said...

San Wen Ji: Thanks, we are sharing the same sentiments.

Haricot 微豆 said...

新鮮人: 哈!!凡人不打緊,可不想做「濁」人!!

Haricot 微豆 said...

啤酒花™_J: You can do it ... Keep on truck'n !!!

Haricot 微豆 said...

土木人: I totally agree!!! That's why I like the outdoor.

Related Posts with Thumbnails