Thursday, July 31, 2008

燒烤牛扒 ∕ BBQ Steak

BBQ in the backyard or at the cottage is a must for many Canadians during the summer season. This was what I had last Saturday at a cottage located along the Rideau River. I always like my beef on the rare side, with a generous portion of potato and mixed salad on the side. I am not much of a wine drinker, so I may spend the whole evening nursing on a glass of red/white, while others will finish a bottle within an hour. But then I always like swimming in the lake (including the occasional skinny-dips at night if it's not too buggy) and I don't want to have to deal with the effect of alcohol in the water. Oh, I love summer !!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

微豆兄:

你的牛扒是 Blue rare or very rare - (37.8°C/100°F core temp) Cooked very quickly; the outside is seared, but the inside is usually cool and barely cooked. The steak will be red on the inside and barely warmed. Sometimes asked for as 'blood rare'.


跟日式的 beef sashimi 差不多,
是用噴火槍略略燒個表面!

Ruth Tam said...

Looks really good.

tofufa said...

the steak looks very very raw....

Haricot 微豆 said...

Space: You are quite right. The outside of the steak is seared for the BBQ flavour while the inside remains "juicy".

Based on my experience, when I order "rare", the steak usually ends up as "medium-rare" which is fine with me too.

Haricot 微豆 said...

Ruth: Yes, it tasted quite yummy !!

Haricot 微豆 said...

Tofufa: Please see Inner Space's article above for further info. It is not uncooked - well at least the outside of the steak.

Related Posts with Thumbnails