Monday, May 10, 2010

旅遊英國倫敦: 攝影图片記載 / Travel to London, England: Photo Journal (Part 1)

2009年11月27日手記:

My trip to South Africa started with an overnight flight across the Pond to London's Heathrow Airport倫敦希斯路機場. Just like many of my trans-Atlantic flights, I spent most of my time watching movies and had gone without sleep for more than 24 hours when dawn broke. The plane touched down at Heathrow when most passengers were still slumbering.

攝影图片 Photo below: Heathrow Airport
Since the flight to Johannesburg was in the evening, my partner and I decided to take the express train to Paddington Station and do some sight-seeing.

攝影图片 Photo below: Paddington Train Station
Except the paper delivery men and cab drivers, there were only a few early risers braving the chilly wind on London Street in the early hours.

攝影图片 Photo below: London Street
Walking around in our Safari outfit, K and I soon discovered that our African attire was poor defence against London's bone-chilling wet-cold weather. We quickly retreated into a near-by restaurant to warm up.

攝影图片 Photo below: A restaurant
A cup of fresh-brewed coffee and a hearty English breakfast with ham, eggs and toast soon raised my bod temp and blood sugar to a chatty level. Despite the cold and damp, we boarded a double-decker bus and did a quick tour around town.

攝影图片 Photo below: Double-decker BIG BUS
I did manage to take several snap shots of the street scenes when it was not raining hard, but K spent most of the journey huddling inside the covered part of Big Bus.

攝影图片 Photos below: London street scenes (note Harrods is no longer owned by Harrods as of date of posting)


I wish I had more time visiting galleries and museums and even dropping by to have a cup of tea with the Queen. But, alas, Africa is calling and we had to head back to Heathrow before sun-set to catch our next flight.

Photo credit:
* First 3 photos of "Heathrow Airport", "Paddington Station", "London Street" from Wikipedia were edited by Haricot
* All other photos were taken in London on November 27, 2009

10 comments:

啤酒花™_J said...

Gosh, Heathrow Airport and Paddington Station have changed so much...its just like yesterday - when i left UK. But, it has been 6/7 solid years. Where has the time gone?

Matt said...

I miss London.

galaxy said...

should have tried the Fish & Chip or Kabob before you left.

Haricot 微豆 said...

啤酒花™_J: Were you in UK for long?

Haricot 微豆 said...

Matt: London is definitely a city with its own characters !!

Haricot 微豆 said...

Galaxy: Oh yes, the famous fish and chips ... Maybe next time :)

啤酒花™_J said...

miss the fish and chips :P slurrppp..I was there for nearly two years! The good old days :) and hardship i've gone tru'

啤酒花™_J said...

kebab also...

Haricot 微豆 said...

啤酒花™_J: I didn't know you had spent two years of good and hard times in the UK!!

Haricot 微豆 said...

啤酒花™_J: Thanks for your suggestion. I will definitely try kebab 烤腌(羊)肉串 the next time I visit London.

Related Posts with Thumbnails