Close up: Old B&W post-card of an exhausted young mother lying on the sofa; note the make-up, stockinged feet, high-heels on the floor, unfinished laundry, unpacked grocery, toy teddy-bear, and sandwich.
Caption 1: Sleeping Beauty, after marrying to Prince Charming
Caption 2: Sleep (Web Dictionary): 1: the natural periodic suspension of consciousness during which the powers of the body are restored. 2: a state resembling sleep, a syndrome mostly found among young mothers, as in: oh please put me to sleep. 3: comatose.
The story lines:
(2) "The Young and the Restless" vs "The Old and the Sleepless"
- Mom, tell him to stop bugging me!!
- You two stop fighting or else (or else what? ....).
- Stop that this very minute!! I've had enough. Now, both of you, go to your room!!
- I hate you (X2) !!!
- (Prince Charming walks in) What's for supper, hon?
(3) Father putting children to bed: 快睡吧,小宝宝!! 今天是母親節啊!!!
Hush little baby don't say a word,
Papa's gonna buy you a mocking bird.
If that mocking bird don't sing,
Papa's gonna buy you a diamond ring.
If that diamond ring is brass,
Papa's gonna buy you a looking glass.
If that looking glass get broke,
Papa's gonna buy you a billy goat.
If that billy goat don't pull,
Papa's gonna buy you a cart and bull.
If that cart and bull turn over,
Papa's gonna buy you a dog name Rover.
If that dog named Rover don't bark,
Papa's gonna buy you a horse and cart.
If that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town.
Related articles:* Lotusandcedar 加拿大母親節2008年5月11日/ Mother's Day in Canada May 11, 2008