Tuesday, May 25, 2010

在金斯米爾湖游泳 - 夏天開始!/ Swimming in Kingsmere Lake - Summer Begins !!


What a nice pleasant surprise !!!

On May 25th at around 5 pm, S and two friends plus myself went swimming in Kingsmere Lake within the MacKenzie King Estate. The lake is open to only cottage owners, or those authourized by the National Capital Commission. At this time of the season, the lake is full of newly stocked minnows and the water is very clean - no algae due to phosphate pollution or (unlike some lakes in the Gatineau Park) gasoline from leaking boat motors. As the ambient temp was over 30 deg C, the lake was just right for open-water swim. I put on my goggles and did my bilateral free-style, while the others were splashing around near the dock.

We had a great time and left at around 19h30 before sun down.

4 comments:

xiao zhu said...

昨天在另一邊看的時候已經在想,你會在這邊帖相嗎?果然帖了。

在這樣的環境下游泳,實是一大樂事!可惜香港沒有這些地方。

新鮮人 said...

小豬,
啲湖水好凍架,
你想變雪條咩?

Haricot 微豆 said...

Xiao Zhu:

Haha !!! You guessed it right :)

I just love swimming in open water !!! And the Ottawa River is only 10 min by bicycle from my home !!!

Haricot 微豆 said...

新鮮人:

Have no fear !!! The day I went to Kingsmere Lake, the air temp hit a record high, at almost 36 deg C !!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails