Wednesday, February 09, 2011

旅遊泰國,老撾,越南和柬埔寨 / Travel to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia (Jan 9, 2011 17h11 Hong Kong International Airport)

Twenty hours after taking my last photo at the Toronto Airport, I had my camera out again, this time inside the Hong Kong International Airport HKG, also known as Chek Lap Kok Airport 赤鱲角機場.

Here is the blog entry I wrote on Jan 9, 2011 at around 17h11 local time:

"Hong Kong International Airport en route to SE Asia: I am sitting inside Thai Airways' Royal Orchid Lounge at HKG waiting for my connecting flight. It is the first time I am back to HK since around 1987. I am just passing thru this time, but hopefully I will come back for a real visit in the near future.

Looking outside, I can see high peaks against the sunset clouds. Is it Tai Mo Shan that I climbed many years ago? And, where is HK Island itself? I feel like a total stranger even tho this is my birth-place.

So close, and yet so far !!! ..."


As you can tell, the place brought back a lot of my childhood memory and I wished there had been more time for a stay-over.


Just before boarding the Thai Airways flight to Bangkok, K and I had a quick tour of the shops near by. We were both quite fascinated by this place selling traditional Chinese herbal medicine. They even offered on-site massage service to travellers who wanted to try the "oriental healing art". Alas, the PA system announced that it was time for boarding. I told K she would have to settle for a Thai massage in Bangkok (which she did).


Photo Credit:
I took all the photos except the first one.

References:
* Thai Royal Orchid Lounge (HK): http://www.loungeguide.net/wiki/u/Hong_Kong_(HKG)_Thai_Royal_Orchid
* Hong Kong International Airport HKG: Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_Airport (source of 1st photo)

2 comments:

新鮮人 said...

這麼近,
那麼遠,
那種感受真的很奇怪,
也帶點憂鬱!

不過,
地變、人變,
情不變,
多點回來,
總可以在一些舊區找到吉光片語,
仍是值得回味的!

Haricot 微豆 said...

新鮮人:

I feel like a time capsule ....

Related Posts with Thumbnails