Saturday, February 09, 2008

探訪克裡駝鹿族國 ∕ Visiting the Moose Cree First Nation (Part 4a)


攝影相片 Photograph above: Sunset on the mighty Moose River


攝影相片 Photograph above: A lone skier on his way back to the hunting camp


攝影相片 Photograph above: Looking across the frozen river toward Moose Factory abt 15 kilometres away


攝影相片 Photograph above: Ski tracks and footprints in the snow


攝影相片 Photograph above: A mixture of dark shadows on frozen ice


攝影相片 Photograph above: The team left the skis and poles here, chopped down some trees and had lunch over a roaring fire burning on the frozen river bed


攝影相片 Photograph above: Skiing through the snow-covered evergreen forest of the Moose Factory Indian Reserve

Conclusion:

I would like to conclude this series of articles by posting some more pictures of the beautiful sky, land, lakes and rivers of the Moose Factory Indian Reserve area 駝鹿公廠印地安保留區, as well as two YouTube videos that I found interesting.

Photographs:

I took the pictures around the hunting campground near the intersection of the North French River and the Moose River. (Reference: National Topographic Map System index #42P/2 "Bushy Island, Cochrane District, Ontario"). Even as I am writing this, part of me is still out there wandering in the evergreen forests and on the frozen lakes up north where the Moose Cree people call home.

... to be continued.

6 comments:

Keith said...

The haunting landscape under the twilight sky, it is quite a life experience. Thank you for sharing.

Haricot 微豆 said...

Keith: You're welcome. One of my friends actually saw polar light in the northern sky. But it was there for just a few short moments.

Hyacinthus said...

it’s CooL and CoLd as well XD ~

HK experiences low temperature recently and I have already found myself hard to survive somehow. Can’t imagine that how I would be if I go to the place with temperature in -20/40 degree sth…

thanks for your sharing, that’s really an experience out of my life...

Haricot 微豆 said...

Hyacinthus: When temperature gets to be that cold and one is outdoors, there are ways to keep warm (besides putting on the right clothing). I learnt a bit from the Ski-with-the-Cree trip.

I look forward to hearing abt your 10K training and running experience.

啤酒花™_J said...

phew...super cold but u sure had all the fun.

Haricot 微豆 said...

啤酒花™_J: Yeah, I have to admit it was cold, even for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails