Thursday, November 29, 2007

過渡時期 / Transition Period

(Transition = 從一個階段過渡到另一個階段)

Yesterday, I chaired for the last time the taskforce that I have been leading. People still couldn't believe I am leaving and those who heard the news for the first time were floored. I am not particularly sad to leave. Maybe my emotion hasn't erupted yet. Sure, I will miss many of my co-workers and the files (in that order), but my departure is of my own choice, something that I have planned for quite a while. December is going to be a busy month for me. There will be documents to shred, paper to throw out, and files to give away. My co-workers are organizing a farewell party for me at the beginning of next month. There will be office Christmas parties before people go on vacations and before I close up shop for good.

My routine in the months to come will change. So, instead of rushing to work in the morning, I might be enjoying a cup of tea, reading the morning newspaper, and contemplating the state of national and world affairs. There will be time to do exercise during non-rush hours. Already, I have started my cross-country and alpine skiing season last weekend, having bought myself a day pass to the park.

Transition is from one stage to another 從一個階段過渡到另一個階段. I will find my own way as the months unfold.

6 comments:

xiao zhu said...

You remind me of my departure from my previous job. I had been working for the company for a long time but I was not particularly sad when I left, not because I didn't like the people there, just that everything was carried out according to my plan including time of my departure. Moreover, I felt accomplished and satisfied that it was a beautiful full stop for me at that point in time. It's also during the Christmas time, and they held a big farewell party for me.

Good to turn to a new page, my dear friend.

San Wen Ji said...

看見你寫這些都替你高興。

Haricot 微豆 said...

Xiao Zhu: Yes, just like you, I too am looking forward to the going-away party altho I am not very good at saying farewell.

Thanks - I will share the new page in the new year !!!

Haricot 微豆 said...

San Wen Ji: 多謝您支持!!

Hyacinthus said...

a transition, a turning point as well a new page…
bless u luck …

Haricot 微豆 said...

Hyacinthus: Thank-you / Merci !!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails