Wednesday, November 18, 2009

香港大帽山 / Tai Mo Shan, HK



I just watched a YouTube video clip "Climbing the Tai Mo Shan mountain range" by Michael Rogge (he has posted a lot of vintage footage of old HK). Watching his video reminds me of one trip I had tried to undertake but was cut short ....

Many years ago, I went back to HK and on my itinerary was a trip up Tai Mo Shan. I started at the bottom near the village but got lost and was soon surrounded by a pack of vicious village dogs. They were abt to attack when I made a hasty retreat from their territory. Needless to say my hike was cut short and I never made it to the summit !!!

Given another chance, I would bring along two of my collapsible hiking/ski poles to defend myself. They worked wonderfully when I was hiking on Lipari Island (Italy) where I successfully asserted my "alpha-male" right-of-way through some growling Sicilian dogs.

Related links / References:

* Photos of Lipari Island, Italy 【山徑人生 / Find My Own Track】 http://lotusandcedar.blogspot.com/2009/06/find-my-own-track.html

* 攝影图片 / Photo Credit: Wikipedia


"... 大帽山(英文:Tai Mo Shan)是香港最高的山峰,海拔957米,比第二高的山峰鳳凰山高23米。大帽山處於新界的中部,山體廣闊,坡度相對平緩,其附近範圍被劃入大帽山郊野公園之內。附近則為大欖郊野公園及林村郊野公園。大帽山位於荃灣區和元朗區交界,並有小部分屬於大埔區。由於大帽山在春天時經常出現大霧的情況,絕大部份香港人會將大帽山誤以為叫做「大霧山」。 ... "

2 comments:

michelle said...

Thanks for the sharing Haricot ! it is always nice to see old historical photos, specially those out of cliché...

Haricot 微豆 said...

You're welcome. There is something to be said abt old historical photos!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails