Tuesday, August 25, 2009

窮光蛋白日旅遊古巴 / Staycation in "Cuba"


Wikipedia: "A staycation is a neologism for a period of time in which an individual or family stays at home and relaxes at home or takes day trips from their home to area attractions ..."

While lounging at the local outdoor swimming pool this afternoon, I was trying to convince myself that I was having a staycation in Cuba ....

"Now, all I need is to imagine the Queensway traffic noise was from the cars speeding along the Malecón in Cuba and my bottle water was a tall glass of Mojito."

Except that: My Mojito tasted a bit flat, the mother next to me kept on speaking to her daughter in English, and the sign behind the life guard said "Do not dive" as opposed to "No te saltas".

Oh well, I guess it will take some getting used to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Photo Credit 攝影图片: http://www.common.wikimedia.org/ - El Malecón, Habana, Cuba

Reference: "Staycation" Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staycation

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails