Saturday, September 06, 2008

2008年秋季馬拉松賽訓練 ∕ Training for the Fall 2008 Running Marathon

I surprised even myself by running two half-marathons (about 13 miles each) in three days, with half a day of weight training in between. It seems that in the last couple of months, my body has built up a reasonably good aerobic base to sustain such an overload of physical activities. Actually, when I started my second 13-miler, the weather was abt 30 deg C and I was not sure whether I should push my luck. But once I got into the running pace and breathing rhythm, my body were sending me positive signal and I knew then I would be able to finish the second run. My current plan is to run a half-marathon race in late September and then a full running marathon 14 days later. Wish me luck :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note: The above is in response to Inner Space's comments to my blog article 加拿大的秋天來了 ∕ Here comes the Canadian Autumn . Here is his poem:

紅葉舞秋風,訓練馬拉松,忘了夏日泳,積穀好過冬!

4 comments:

yuen luk luk said...

努力, 加油呀!

Hyacinthus said...

Autumn comes. Always think it is a good time for running. Don’t miss the chance if you can manage to do so, and your body tells. I will pick up the run and join the SC marathon early next year, of coz 10K again. =)

Haricot 微豆 said...

Yuen Luk Luk: Thank you for your encouragement !!

Haricot 微豆 said...

Hyacinthus: 10K is a good distance. As YLL said, add oil la :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails