Thursday, September 06, 2007

聽海 (四) / Beyond the Sea (4)

The song "La Mer" was given unrelated English words and called "Beyond the Sea" (sometimes known as "Sailing") which was a hit for Bobby Darin in the early 1960s
English lyrics: Jack Lawrence 1912
Somewhere beyond the sea,
Somewhere, waiting for me,
My lover stands on golden sands
And watches the ships that go sailing;
Somewhere beyond the sea,
He's (She's) there watching for me.
If I could fly like birds on high,
Then straight to his (her) arms I'd go sailing.
It's far beyond a star,
It's near beyond the moon,
I know beyond a doubt
My heart will lead me there soon.
We'll meet beyond the shore,
We'll kiss just as before.
Happy we'll be beyond the sea,
And never again I'll go sailing!

2 comments:

Keith said...

I don't know how many times I heard this old song on radio or TV before. The golden sands never feel sultrier and the sea breeze saltier after reading your young lovers' story :-)

Haricot 微豆 said...

Keith: Yes, it's one of the golden oldies that brings back memories !!

Related Posts with Thumbnails