Friday, November 02, 2007

福特銀河系500類型大房車 (下) / Ford Galaxie 500 Full-size 4-door Sedan (Part 3 of 3)



So now you understand why every time I see a big blue sedan, my heart will go into high gear and my sweaty palm will instinctively reach for my driver license. Despite the strange experience and the lingering memory of that summer in Grande Prairie and the Peace River Region, I must say the Galaxie 500 was one heck of a nice American classic made in the days when gas was cheap, cars were big, summer was hot, and fish were jumping.

Oh, did I tell you I had to pay three dollars to the big Indian fellow who guarded the stream that ran through the native reserve near High River. Well, there are lots of fish in them lakes and rivers up north, but I will have to tell you my fishing stories some other time.

Photo: Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Galaxie

4 comments:

Keith said...

Wow, this car will be collector's item if you still have it.

yuen luk luk said...

我唔太鐘意太"大舊"的車!

Haricot 微豆 said...

Keith: I couldn't afford the whole car and owned only 1/4 of it (not sure which quarter though). You are right: According to some Galaxie 500 websites, a well preserved model could fetch a hefty sum for its owner.

Haricot 微豆 said...

Yuen luk luk: 那些大型車已被淘汰了,我也同意,小型車較經濟,泊車也容易很多,由其是在歐洲城市。

Related Posts with Thumbnails